home
houstonMod
 
Modern in Houston


3333 Fannin Photo 2008 by Jason Smith

Southwestern Bell Telephone Company Building
Architect: Joseph Krakower and Herb Greene
(1958)
3333 Fannin St.

This building was originally built as a temporary switching station for Southwestern Bell, and was only meant to last around five years. It featured bays that could be easliy removed if expansion was needed. It later was owned by the Uniroyal Tire company, which is why it currently sports a dark paintjob on it`s upper half. This was one of Herb Greene`s first projects after his arrivlal in Houston and Joseph Krakower`s office.

back to main list